Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HOW DO I PRINT EVERY OTHER PAGE OF A DOCUMENT?

I AM TRYING TO PRINT EVERY OTHER PAGE OF A 180 PAGE DOCUMENT SO I CAN THEN
TURN IT OVER AND PRINT THE OTHER SIDE? ANYONE KNOW HOW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First check your printer properties, it may have a duplex feature.
If not, the following VBA code is worth a try.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Sub PrintBothSides()
Dim pg As Long
Dim TotalPages As Long
Dim AdjustedCount As Boolean

ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False
If Len(ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea) Then
Beep
If MsgBox("Print area has been set, do you want to continue? ", _
vbInformation + vbOKCancel, " Printing Both Sides") = vbCancel Then Exit Sub
End If

ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False
TotalPages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)")

'Print Odd pages
If TotalPages Mod 2 = 0 Then
If TotalPages 1 Then
TotalPages = TotalPages - 1
AdjustedCount = True
For pg = TotalPages To 1 Step -2
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=pg, To:=pg
Next 'pg

Beep
If MsgBox("After printer stops, turn pages over and reinsert in printer. ", _
vbInformation + vbOKCancel, " Printing Both Sides") = vbCancel Then Exit Sub

'Print Even Pages
If AdjustedCount Then TotalPages = TotalPages + 1
For pg = 2 To TotalPages Step 2
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=pg, To:=pg
Next 'pg
End Sub
'-------------

"CINDY"
I AM TRYING TO PRINT EVERY OTHER PAGE OF A 180 PAGE DOCUMENT SO I CAN THEN
TURN IT OVER AND PRINT THE OTHER SIDE? ANYONE KNOW HOW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi CINDY,

You mention a 180 page document. Do you mean a Word document?
This is an Excel forum. Jim's answer refers to Excel.

In word in the print dialog box where it says print 'all pages in range'
change the pulldown to 'odd pages' or 'even pages'

HTH
Martin