Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Ed is offline

Default Lookup

Is it possible to have a LOOKUP which can distinguish between lower and
uppercase characters?? even having FALSE it still gives the first it finds,
rather than the one with the right case.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

LOOKUP type formulas aren't case-sensitive. If you have a VLOOKUP like

=VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C10,2,0)

you could replace with this

=INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,--EXACT(A1,B1:B10),0))

which need to be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Ed is offline

Hello, sorry I didn't got it quite well, I'll try to explain it better this
time my sheet has something like this example:

0 A B C a b c
1 B C D b c d
2 C D E c d e
3 D E F d e f

So what I need is some sort of lookup which is case sensitive where I have
already for example letter "C" and in a cell I type "2" so that means I
should get "E", if I type "3" then i should get "F" and so on... I didn't get
how I should put that into the formula, thanks!