Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
in_a_ru5h

Default Comments box, kinda.

Hey guys.

I am trying to edit a worksheet and everytime I click on some of the
cells a small yellow box with information appears. It looks just like a
"comments box" but the cell doesn't have the little yellow triangle in
the corner and the yellow box can be moved around the screen but not
edited at all. I really want to edit the information in the "comments
box" but I don't know how to. The only way I can manipulate it at the
moment is by moving it around the screen or by hitting "esc" on the
keyboard and it dissappears forever. I have tryed obvious things like
"cell formating" and right clicking on it but to no avail. As I don't
know what its called i cannot look it up in the help file.

So my question is. How do you edit that little box?

Any help greatfully recieved as it is driving me crazy.

Ta.

Dave.

--
in_a_ru5h
in_a_ru5h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35958

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bearacade

That's a validation Box..

Go to Data, Validation (when you are on that cell)

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557480