Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laura

Default Auto filter is greyed out

Hi, for some reason one of my work books is suddenly refusing to let me
use autofilter on all of my worksheets within the book - the option is
greyed out. It is also refusing to allow me to use the trace
precedents and trace dependents functions, it is almost as if the
option has been "turned off" by accident, but I dont know how to turn
it back on.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, I have tried looking at the
trouble shooting guide in microsoft but it doesnt really help....
HELP!!!!!

Many thanks in advance

Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laura

By the way, my work book is not protected (it seems) and also I dont
have more than one sheet selected (it seems)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laura

Laura wrote:

By the way, my work book is not protected (it seems) and also I dont
have more than one sheet selected (it seems)

Hello, to anyone that is intersted, I worked out the answer

I managed to reinstate my auto filter by going to tools/options/view
and selected to view all objects. Who knows why it was turned off, but
nevermind, it works now!