Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pokdbz

Default Make chart title based on a cell?

Is there a way to make the chart title based on a cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JonR

From one of my earlier posts:

When you create your chart, don't use the chart title, or if you do, put
something in there just as a placeholder, since you'll be deleting it (that
way the chart size will adjust to accomodate for the space).

Delete your title box on the chart. Draw a text box where the title was.
Whith your text box active, click in the formula window and type
='SheetName'!A1 where SheetName is the name of the sheet and A1 is the cell
where the title resides. Whatever is in that cell will display in the text
box, which can be formatted to look like a title. You must type that into
the formula bar at the top. If you type it into the text box as if you were
entering text, the box will display the formula, not the value in the
referenced cell.

--
HTH

JonR

Is there a way to make the chart title based on a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Great tip JonR - solved a problem I had been struggling with. However I
have found you don't need to draw the box - select the Chart, type
=(worksheet name and cell reference) in the formual bar and Ecel will
automatically make the box for you.

I formatted my text in the worksheet in which I placed my Chart Titles
and it worked really well.

tlosgyl3

--
tlosgyl3