Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default problems trying to combine two sheets

Hi All, hope some one can help me out here.

I am runnign Excel 2002 and working with a decently large set of data
(about 3000 entries).

I have 2 worksheets, each containing similar data (It is a list of
classes and info on them). Each containes the same info save for one
piece in each. Instead of having to refference both of these
spreadsheets I would prefer to simply be able to merge that extra piece
of info on to the other sheet.

However, the hitch is that they both have a few (mabey a hundred or so)
extra classes that the other does not. These classes are not important
and would infact be beneficial if I could remove them.

I have a code column set up that is formated identicly for both sheets,
and I figgured I could use advanced filtering to remove those rows that
are not in the other (I figure I would have to filter one sheet, copy
and paste the new rows, then filter the other).

However, I simply can not get the advanced filter to actualy filter
anything.

I tried a bit more of a hackish meathod (compare the 2 columns and
print out a new column that either contains a logical true or false,
then do a simple filter to remove those columns containing the logical
flase), however the formula I wrote and copied through my sheet would
ALWAYS return false.

This is where I figgured out that there is something buging out on me.
I verified that my formula was correct, and even copied out a single
instance of it (that I knew was true) and pasted it to another cell.
Doing THAT alowed me to sometimes evaluate it to TRUE, however generaly
it will still evaluate to FALSE, I am guessing that this has something
to do with the way Excel handels large data sets.

If any one can shine some light on this I would GREATLY apreciate it.