Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
prexford

Default excel 2003 formatting

We have just switched to Office 2003. I find that I am unable to format an
entire column using the Format Painter icon. This seem too strange to be
intended; can anyone offer a suggestion?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

I don't seem to have that problem with my Excel 2003.

I select a cell or column with a format.

I select the Format Painter and click on another column header and Painter does
the job all the way to row 65536.

What happens when you follow the above steps?

What doesn't happen?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:55:01 -0700, prexford
wrote:

We have just switched to Office 2003. I find that I am unable to format an
entire column using the Format Painter icon. This seem too strange to be
intended; can anyone offer a suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
prexford

That is the process I have used. I found that I can copy the formatting of an
entire ROW to other, multiple ROWS, but the columns will not work.

The installation of 2003 was from the source yesterday, so I don't think it
has become corrupted.

Thank you for whatever suggestions you can offer. I am not reconciled with
v.2003!
prexford