Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob B.

Default sumif criteria

I am trying to do a production planning worksheet where I roll forward the
plan on a daily basis. In column A I have entered a list of dates. The first
date would be, for example today, I enter 6/28. The rest of the dates are
rolled forward by the formula for the cell above + 1. In column K I am trying
to total the orders due on the date in column A. The orders are in a separate
worksheet in the same workbook. I am trying to use a sumif formula. It works
for all the dates after the first date in the list because I am entering
(pointing) to the date in column A. However, in the first day I need to sumif
all orders that are due on that day or before that date. So, I think I need
to enter <=A2 (where A2 is the first date of the roll forward. When I enter
it this way the total is 0. I have tried entering both with and without
quotes around the formula and this doesn't help. I have changed the date in
cell A2 to be a formula =date(2006,6,28) and this does not work. I was able
to make it work by entering the critera as "<=6/28/06" however this requires
me to go in and physcially change this each time I change the beginning date
of the rollforward. Is there not a way to enter the criteria that will change
automatically when the date in column A changes?
--
Bob B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Try

"<="&A2

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob B." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob B.

Unless I am misunderstanding the answer, it didn't work. I put ,"<="&A2, in
the critera and it returned a 0. I tried both typing A2 and pointing to A2
and this did not change the result. I also tried changing the date in A2 to a
formula, =date(2006,6,28) and this did not change the result.

--
Bob B.