Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaoloScaglioni

Default Clearly identifying a read only file

I have a spreadsheet used by different people during the day. One person
uses the file live whilst the others use read only versions. I dont want
different users accessing the file at the same time but I would like the
"read only" users to clearly see they are using a read only file. How
can I automatically have excel colour all the cells when it opens a
file as read only?
Thanks
Paolo

--
PaoloScaglioni
PaoloScaglioni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35020

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Hi Paolo,

What about this solution:

Create a function for returning ReadOnly property:

Function ROprop()
ROprop = ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly
End Function

Apply this function in Conditional Formatting formula!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛PaoloScaglioni€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a spreadsheet used by different people during the day. One person
uses the file live whilst the others use read only versions. I dont want
different users accessing the file at the same time but I would like the
"read only" users to clearly see they are using a read only file. How
can I automatically have excel colour all the cells when it opens a
file as read only?
Thanks
Paolo

--
PaoloScaglioni
PaoloScaglioni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35020
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556360

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I would take a different approach, as the colouring might be distracting all
the time. I would throw up a message box say every 15 minutes

Application.OnTime nTime, "GiveMessage", , False
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly Then
Call GiveMessage

'This is workbook event code.

and in a normal code module add

Public nTime As Double

Sub GiveMessage()
MsgBox "This file has been opened as read only"
nTime = Now + TimeSerial(0, 15, 0) '15 mins
Application.OnTime nTime, "GiveMessage"

HTH

Bob Phillips

"PaoloScaglioni"