Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

Default Opening a tab automatically in a file

Hello Excel(lent) users,

I have made a file with a number of tabs. One of those tabs is called Menu.
In that tab I have made links to different other tabs. Now I want the file to
open always with that tab, regardless of how it has been saved the previous
time. Is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks kindly!!
--
** Fool on the hill **
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

You can implement a workbook_open() macro like so

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Menu").Activate
End Sub

To paste this in, right click on the Excel Icon for the workbook (NOT the
application one) and select view code... Paste it here, save and close
workbook, now every time it open it will go to the Menu worksheet

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
Hello Excel(lent) users,

I have made a file with a number of tabs. One of those tabs is called
Menu.
In that tab I have made links to different other tabs. Now I want the file
open always with that tab, regardless of how it has been saved the
previous
time. Is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks kindly!!
--
** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

Hello Nick,

Thanx for the reply, but I don't understand what you mean with the Excel
Icon for the workbook, where can I find it (as you said it is not the icon in
the explorer)??

Thanx
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
Hello Excel(lent) users,

I have made a file with a number of tabs. One of those tabs is called
Menu.
In that tab I have made links to different other tabs. Now I want the file
open always with that tab, regardless of how it has been saved the
previous
time. Is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks kindly!!
--
** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Jay,

Try:

'=============
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Me.Sheets("Menu").Select
End Sub
'<<=============

This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's
ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module:

Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet
(or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised)
Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.
Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
Hello Excel(lent) users,

I have made a file with a number of tabs. One of those tabs is called
Menu.
In that tab I have made links to different other tabs. Now I want the file
open always with that tab, regardless of how it has been saved the
previous
time. Is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks kindly!!
--
** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Nick,

Apologies, I did not see your response when I replied!

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

Nick, Norman,

Both, thanx for your help, exactly what I was looking for !!
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Jay,

Try:

'=============
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Me.Sheets("Menu").Select
End Sub
'<<=============

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
Hello Excel(lent) users,

I have made a file with a number of tabs. One of those tabs is called
Menu.
In that tab I have made links to different other tabs. Now I want the file
open always with that tab, regardless of how it has been saved the
previous
time. Is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks kindly!!
--
** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Norman

No probs...you explanation of the implementation got the OP there, so a
joint effort

--
HTH
Nick Hodge