Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John

Default Cell Wrapping

How do I make a cell keep wrapping and not all the suddon stop?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Perhaps it quits wrapping because you have reached the cell limit for
characters.

Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow
32,767 characters to be entered in a cell.

However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can
be printed"

To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate
spots, about every 100 characters..

The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit.

How far is not really known. Just experiment.

.........From Dave Peterson..........

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

.........End Dave P.................

Failing that, use a Text Box to store the text or MS Word which is a word
processing application, unlike Excel which is not.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:21:01 -0700, John wrote:

How do I make a cell keep wrapping and not all the suddon stop?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brian

Excel will not do that for you.

Excel doesn't know when you have finished in a cell until you leave that cell by
hitting ENTER or Tab or an arrow key.

Gord