Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if

fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if in cell A1 I put
in the time right now of 3:19 pm, and I want to know what time it will
be in 93 minutes, is there a function that handles that? The answer
should be 4:52 pm. I could put the 93 in cell B1 and the formula
(assuming there is one) in C1. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

hi,

try

=TIME(ROUNDDOWN((B1/60),0),MOD(B1,60),0)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

" escreveu:

fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if in cell A1 I put
in the time right now of 3:19 pm, and I want to know what time it will
be in 93 minutes, is there a function that handles that? The answer
should be 4:52 pm. I could put the 93 in cell B1 and the formula
(assuming there is one) in C1. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=A1+TIME(0,93,0)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if in cell A1 I put
in the time right now of 3:19 pm, and I want to know what time it will
be in 93 minutes, is there a function that handles that? The answer
should be 4:52 pm. I could put the 93 in cell B1 and the formula
(assuming there is one) in C1. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

all the best with your soccer/football team
I pasted the formula you gave me in C1 and got a result of 1:33 which
is wrong, the correct answer should be 4:52
what am I doing wrong?

" escreveu:

fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if in cell A1 I put
in the time right now of 3:19 pm, and I want to know what time it will
be in 93 minutes, is there a function that handles that? The answer
should be 4:52 pm. I could put the 93 in cell B1 and the formula
(assuming there is one) in C1. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks Bob it worked great for this example, one minor issue however,
if I need to put in a different amount of time than 93, it no longer
works. The start time and the minutes will vary.any more
ideas........please

Bob Phillips wrote:
=A1+TIME(0,93,0)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if in cell A1 I put
in the time right now of 3:19 pm, and I want to know what time it will
be in 93 minutes, is there a function that handles that? The answer
should be 4:52 pm. I could put the 93 in cell B1 and the formula
(assuming there is one) in C1. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SimonCC

Just change Bob's formula to:
=A1+TIME(0,B1,0)

-Simon

" wrote:

thanks Bob it worked great for this example, one minor issue however,
if I need to put in a different amount of time than 93, it no longer
works. The start time and the minutes will vary.any more
ideas........please

Bob Phillips wrote:
=A1+TIME(0,93,0)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
fomula needed to find the "new" time, for example if in cell A1 I put
in the time right now of 3:19 pm, and I want to know what time it will
be in 93 minutes, is there a function that handles that? The answer
should be 4:52 pm. I could put the 93 in cell B1 and the formula
(assuming there is one) in C1. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured it out (I can't believe it either) starting with Bob's info.
Thanks to you also for responding,

SimonCC wrote:
Just change Bob's formula to:
=A1+TIME(0,B1,0)

-Simon

" wrote:

thanks Bob it worked great for this example, one minor issue however,
if I need to put in a different amount of time than 93, it no longer
works. The start time and the minutes will vary.any more
ideas........please

Bob Phillips wrote:
=A1+TIME(0,93,0)

--