Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ouch

Default only want formula to show up if a1 is not blank

Hi
I have this formula in excel:

=I2*0.024+0.2

which gives me 2.4% plus 0.20 of column i2
But if i2 is blank -0.20 shows up but I dont want it to show up if i2
is blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Try

=IF(I2="","",I2*0.024+0.2)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ouch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
I have this formula in excel:

=I2*0.024+0.2

which gives me 2.4% plus 0.20 of column i2
But if i2 is blank -0.20 shows up but I dont want it to show up
if i2
is blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

=IF(I2="","",I2*0.024+0.2)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 25 Jun 2006 10:04:52 -0700, "ouch" wrote:

Hi
I have this formula in excel:

=I2*0.024+0.2

which gives me 2.4% plus 0.20 of column i2
But if i2 is blank -0.20 shows up but I dont want it to show up if i2
is blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

=IF(A1="","",IF(I2="","",I2*0.024+0.2))