Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bmayers

Default combined scatter plot and line data

Hello

How I display a line graph and a scatter plot on the same
chart?

Barry

--
bmayers
bmayers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35753

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mallycat

1. Create a Scatter chart with the scatter data.
2. Highlight your line data and drag and drop the data onto the scatter
chart. Select New Series as the option then click OK
3. Click on of the line chart datapoints, then right click. Select
Chart Type and change it to Line chart
4. If you want to, you can put the line chart on the second Y axis by
right clicking the line chart, and selecting Axis Second Y axis

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

Is this what you need, or do you simply need to remember that series in both
XY and Line series can be formatted to have lines or no lines, markers or no
markers.

The difference between line and XY charts is in the treatment of the X axis:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ValueAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP