Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wayne Knazek

Default hyper links in pull down menus

I have a list, used as a pull down. But some of the list entries contain
hyper links. For example, the "list" is made up of standard comments used
often in a lay out report. The comments could be . . .

OK at MMC: See Profile Section . . . This comment should be a link to the
Profile section on the workbook. (BTW: It works fine in the actual list I
made. Just not after selected from a pull down.)

Also, all of the entries in the list are not hyper links. About half are.

I made the list with some of the entries being hyper links to other tabs
(sheets) So a customer can go right to the relevant sheet from the comments
column.

So the list works fine. The links work fine. I make them into a pulldown,
select the range for the list, etc., and the pull down works fine. But when
I select an entry from the list, the link becomes text.

For my range of cells I'm using, for example . . .

=$M$10:$M$42

Can the entries be formatted (or range defined) so the hyper links still
work after being selected from the pull down?

Thanks. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think you're gonna need a different approach.

Maybe you can use an adjacent cell and the =hyperlink() formula?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wayne Knazek

use an adjacent cell and the =hyperlink() formula . . .

Thanks, Dave. I don't quite understand your answer, but I'll see what I
come up with.