Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mayerc

Default Making a dynamic list?!

Hi

Is it possible to populate a list (drop down box in a cell) based on a
selection from another list?

I.E. I have columns A and B (for ease of explanation). When I click on
A1, I have a drop down list from which i can choose from over 100
options. I then want to choose from a list to populate B1. However, I
want my options in B1 to be dependant on what I chose in A1.

Is this possible?

I have made the lists using the validation tool, populating it from
differnet columns on the worksheet.

If this makes any sense, any help would be greatly appreciated

mayerc
mayerc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35447
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552244

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You may be able to use data|validation and dependent lists.

Debra Dalgleish knows how:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--

Dave Peterson