Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JKC

Default cntrl+n wont work

Anyone,
My 'ctrl+n' will not bring up a new workbook. 'ctrl' button and 'n'
button are all working. 'ctrl + everything else' works normally. I
use this every day and have never had a problem. Any ideas? Thanks

JKC

--
JKC
JKC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31166

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zone

Are there any macros in an open workbook? If ctrl-n has been assigned
to a macro, it will run the macro instead of opening a new workbook.
Does ctrl-n do anything at all?

JKC wrote:
Anyone,
My 'ctrl+n' will not bring up a new workbook. 'ctrl' button and 'n'
button are all working. 'ctrl + everything else' works normally. I
use this every day and have never had a problem. Any ideas? Thanks

JKC

--
JKC
JKC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31166
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552225

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JKC

There are no macros. I just tested with a new workbook. It does nothing.
I restarted excel and computer. Very irritating
Thanks for your help.

JKC

--
JKC
JKC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31166
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552225

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you start excel in safe mode, does it work?

close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
and try ctrl-n

(Maybe it's a macro that you haven't found.)

=====
One more thing to try (that may not work)....

Start excel
Tools|customize (just to have that dialog box open)
click on File in the worksheet menu bar
rightclick on New... and click reset

Close the dialog and test it out.