-   -   problem with user defined function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93923-problem-user-defined-function.html)

panjo

problem with user defined function

Hi,

I have an excel file, which contains user defined functions. On 1 computer
it is working, on another not. There I got #VALUE! instead of the calculated
result.
Both computers are running win2k, with excel 2000. All patches are
installed. In excel the analysis toolpak is selected.
What can I check more to get this working on the other computer ?
Is there also an excel variant of the normal.dot like word ?

Barb Reinhardt

problem with user defined function

Is the function in the personal.xls file of one computer and not the other?

"panjo" wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel file, which contains user defined functions. On 1 computer
it is working, on another not. There I got #VALUE! instead of the calculated
result.
Both computers are running win2k, with excel 2000. All patches are
installed. In excel the analysis toolpak is selected.
What can I check more to get this working on the other computer ?
Is there also an excel variant of the normal.dot like word ?

panjo

problem with user defined function

The function is in the excel file himself. On both computers there is no
personal.xls file.

"panjo" wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel file, which contains user defined functions. On 1 computer
it is working, on another not. There I got #VALUE! instead of the calculated
result.
Both computers are running win2k, with excel 2000. All patches are
installed. In excel the analysis toolpak is selected.
What can I check more to get this working on the other computer ?
Is there also an excel variant of the normal.dot like word ?

Dave Peterson

problem with user defined function

I think you're going to have to check the values in the ranges you pass to the
function or share your code.

--

Dave Peterson