Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel reports in Access

I want to use the exact report layout of a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
in a Microsoft Access report. Without having to create the entire
report line by line is there anyway I can import the excel spreadsheet
report layout into a report in Microsoft Access?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham

Depending on some other tools and system abilities, here's a trick I've often
used to get a pre-defined form into an Access report:

Get a screenshot of the Excel spreadsheet (in print preview is probably
best). Save that in a compact format such as .jpg or .gif. Then start a
report in Access and use the graphic of the Excel spreadsheet as the
background picture for the report (choose the graphic and Format and choose
SEND TO BACK to put it behind any text/data). Set up your data display
controls to go where they need to on the report.