Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
edrachel

Default Dates

Hi, I have a formula like this:
=VLOOKUP(B6,Inventory!A3:AB68,3,FALSE)

What this does is B6 is the item name, Inventory is the worksheet,
A3:AB68,3 is where the price is found.

Now what I want to do is add a date. Say my price today would be $2.00
but effective 08/01/06 my price will increase to $2.50. If someone
orders today but does not want to make payment or get delivery before
08/01/06, I want to charge the $2.50 not the $2.00 but because I am
working now and in the future, I want to be able to put a date in like
today and it will pull the prices effective today, but if I put in a
date of 08/15/06, then I want it to pull the price from the 08/01/06
price list. I would like to be able to put the date somewhere on the
worksheet so I would not have to mess with each formula when the prices
change. Like maybe just put the date on A4. Add A4 to the formula and
get it to pull the correct prices. I hope this makes sense. I am
familar with Excel but not great. If you could write out the fomula
using A4 for the date, then a formula for the A4 to make sure it pulls
the right price. Thanks for all your help.

--
edrachel
edrachel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

You could us an IF statement and new price sheet (NewPricesWorksheet)

=IF(A4datevalue("07/31/06"),VLOOKUP(B6,NewPriceWorksheet!A3:AB68,3,FALSE) ,VLOOKUP(B6,Inventory!A3:AB68,3,FALSE))

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"edrachel" wrote in