Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveC

Default Match Dates to Number

I have the following list in AC3:AD11

Qtr Ago Date
8 6/30/2004
7 9/30/2004
6 12/31/2004
5 3/31/2005
4 6/30/2005
3 9/30/2005
2 12/31/2005
1 3/31/2006

In Column AA, rows 1000+, I have numbers randomly dispersed 1 through 8.

In Column AC, I would like to return the proper date correpsonding to each
number. How do I do this? I can't/don't want to use nested if statements.
I supsect the best way is via a defined name?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveC

looks like a simple vlookup works... thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

AB3=VLOOKUP($AA3,$AC$3:$AD$11,2,0)
or
AB3=OFFSET($AD$12,-$AA3,)
or
AB3=CHOOSE(9-$AA3,$AD$11)

Arvi Laanemets

"SteveC" wrote in message
I have the following list in AC3:AD11

Qtr Ago Date
8 6/30/2004
7 9/30/2004
6 12/31/2004
5 3/31/2005
4 6/30/2005
3 9/30/2005
2 12/31/2005
1 3/31/2006

In Column AA, rows 1000+, I have numbers randomly dispersed 1 through 8.

In Column AC, I would like to return the proper date correpsonding to each
number. How do I do this? I can't/don't want to use nested if

statements.
I supsect the best way is via a defined name?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bearacade

Assuming that AC20 is looking up AA20:

Use this formula, make sure Column AC is Date Formated:

AC20: =LOOKUP(AA20,$AC$3:$AC$11,$AD$3:$AD$11)

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551137

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveC

that's great, thanks.... interesting that you used "CHOOSE" haven't seen that
before either...