Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M. Wasim

Default Split a cell

How can I write two values vertically in an excel cell or split a cell to
write two different values vertically. I'll appreciate if anybody can help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KellTainer

Firstly, enter two values horizontally into a cell, <value 1, then
press alt+enter to go onto the next line, then type in another value.

Then, format that cell, go to alignment and set the orientation.

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Type the first number
Hold down the ALT key then press ENTER
Type the second number

Biff

"M. Wasim" <M. wrote in message
How can I write two values vertically in an excel cell or split a cell to
write two different values vertically. I'll appreciate if anybody can help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

M. Wasim wrote:
How can I write two values vertically in an excel cell or split a cell to
write two different values vertically. I'll appreciate if anybody can help me.

Hi,
will a line break do?...

Type top value then hold down Alt while you press Enter then type your
second value then press Enter.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You've gotten answers on how to do it.

But don't do it.

Use two cells. If you ever want to do anything with that data (sort/filter/or
even do arithmetic), you'll find that it wasn't worth the trouble.

M. Wasim wrote:

How can I write two values vertically in an excel cell or split a cell to
write two different values vertically. I'll appreciate if anybody can help me.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You've gotten answers on how to do it.

But don't do it.

Use two cells. If you ever want to do anything with that data
(sort/filter/or
even do arithmetic), you'll find that it wasn't worth the trouble.

Experience is the best teacher! We learn from our mistakes!

Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You've been given answers on how to do this, .....and advice about not doing
it.

Technically, it is possible, and will work. If one has a special
circumstance where the end user is much more at home with a display of this
nature, than one which is more conventional to Excel, then the end may very
well justify the means......otherwise, it does entail extra work.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3