Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rjmckay

Default get past one problem, and run across another

Ok...

I got my vlookup tables all set up.... all working... only one problem
now...

I have one instance where $33 is used twice

so I have a $33 that's worth 2 points and a $33 worth 3 points.

so on the table of course it reads

33 2
33 3

and of course, when it looks it up, it looks up the first instance of
33 .

So is there a way to solve this without messing up the numbers? Is
there a way of saying... oh hey, it's 33 .... do you want 2 or 3?

I can't think of a way of doing it... but then that's why I'm asking
out there, there are you guys who are a lot smarter or more experienced
than I am.

Thank you!

--
rjmckay
rjmckay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16880

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

Not sure about smarter....

If you created a third column which contained the concatentated valuse
for the first two, you could use this to find a unique value.

e.g. in C1 have the formula A1 & B1

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=550757

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rjmckay

Toppers Wrote:
What determines whether it is 2 or 3?

$33 - 2 units
$33 - 3 units

$33 for a different age groups and different price schedules. As a
rule I've been able to sort by prices ... and not have to worry about
this, however, in this case, $33 repeats itself for 2 different
things.

I've been trying to avoid adding any more to the page, as frankly I'm
running out of maximum page use. ... however, I'm working on an idea
now... where I'm using up the very last bit of page space to sort out
this problem, hopefully it will work