Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerritvanzyl

Default IsFormula

I use this Isformula UDF... in one of my sheets I however run into the
following weird problem..

Whenever I try to refer to an sheet using this IsFormula in a conditional
format... It does not work... Rather than using the refered cell as a dynamic
link...

Let me give an example:
Sheet2 have the following conditional format
=AND(NOT(Isformula(A1)),NOT(A1=0))

Say I start in Sheet1, Cell A1 typing a "+" then select sheet2 and cell
A2... rather than putting a reference in Sheet1,A1 excell put the following
in sheet2,A1 "=+'Sheet 2'!A2"

Hope someone out there can help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

When you try to use the UDF Isformula in a CF you should be getting the error
message that you "cannot use references to other sheets or workbooks for CF
criteria"

I know of no workaround but someone may jump in with a solution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:23:01 -0700, Gerritvanzyl
wrote:

I use this Isformula UDF... in one of my sheets I however run into the
following weird problem..

Whenever I try to refer to an sheet using this IsFormula in a conditional
format... It does not work... Rather than using the refered cell as a dynamic
link...

Let me give an example:
Sheet2 have the following conditional format
=AND(NOT(Isformula(A1)),NOT(A1=0))

Say I start in Sheet1, Cell A1 typing a "+" then select sheet2 and cell
A2... rather than putting a reference in Sheet1,A1 excell put the following
in sheet2,A1 "=+'Sheet 2'!A2"

Hope someone out there can help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerritvanzyl

The CF does not refer to another sheet. (it refer to the same cell its in)..
BUT whenever I want to reference to a cell in this sheet with the CF from
another sheet problems starts..

wrote:

I use this Isformula UDF... in one of my sheets I however run into the
following weird problem..

Whenever I try to refer to an sheet using this IsFormula in a conditional
format... It does not work... Rather than using the refered cell as a dynamic
link...

Let me give an example:
Sheet2 have the following conditional format
=AND(NOT(Isformula(A1)),NOT(A1=0))

Say I start in Sheet1, Cell A1 typing a "+" then select sheet2 and cell
A2... rather than putting a reference in Sheet1,A1 excell put the following
in sheet2,A1 "=+'Sheet 2'!A2"

Hope someone out there can help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Where do you have the UDF IsFormula stored?

Also, don't type the "+". Type an "=" sign instead.

Gord

wrote:

I use this Isformula UDF... in one of my sheets I however run into the
following weird problem..

Whenever I try to refer to an sheet using this IsFormula in a conditional
format... It does not work... Rather than using the refered cell as a dynamic
link...

Let me give an example:
Sheet2 have the following conditional format
=AND(NOT(Isformula(A1)),NOT(A1=0))

Say I start in Sheet1, Cell A1 typing a "+" then select sheet2 and cell
A2... rather than putting a reference in Sheet1,A1 excell put the following
in sheet2,A1 "=+'Sheet 2'!A2"

Hope someone out there can help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerritvanzyl

I have tried the "=" but it also does not work... I have deleted all other
sheets, colums and rows.. the problem only happens when there are a CF with
an Isformula in the refered sheet... When I remove the Isformula-CF or
disable macro's the problem disappear..

I am not sure where the UDF are stored but the road to it is: Tools|
Macro|Visual basic editor| Object browser...

the header of the long list of standard functions is "Members of '<globals'
and when selected the following is at the bottom..
Public Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
Member of VBAProject.Module5