Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macamarr

Default Counting from one range to another range, multiple criteria

I have 600 account # and 5 five weeks of deliveries. All the account numbers
are in column A and all the account # delivered are in column B. What I need
to do is count all the accounts delivered and place the count in column C. If
there is a way please inform. Thank You!

I am trying to avoid having to type/change the criteria in each lines formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macamarr

No, that will not work. Here is how I have to formulate now
(=COUNTIF(A:A,"5")) The problem with that is I would have to do that for
every account number that recieved a delivery. I have 600 accounts that
possibly recieved a delivery(s) over the course of six weeks. I want to count
how many times they were delivered.

Example:
Deliveries Account# Count of Deliveries
"A" " B" "C"
1 1 2
2 2 2
2 3 0
52 4 0

71 5 0
71 6 0

further down the line 52 = 1 & 71 = 2

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is it not just =COUNTIF(B:B,"<")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"macamarr" wrote in message
I have 600 account # and 5 five weeks of deliveries. All the account

numbers
are in column A and all the account # delivered are in column B. What I

need
to do is count all the accounts delivered and place the count in column C.

If
there is a way please inform. Thank You!

I am trying to avoid having to type/change the criteria in each lines

formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

can you not just add those account numbers to another sheet and use the cell
reference in the formula?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"macamarr" wrote in message
No, that will not work. Here is how I have to formulate now
(=COUNTIF(A:A,"5")) The problem with that is I would have to do that for
every account number that recieved a delivery. I have 600 accounts that
possibly recieved a delivery(s) over the course of six weeks. I want to

count
how many times they were delivered.

Example:
Deliveries Account# Count of Deliveries