Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mayank

Default Plotting a Graph

This is the sample reproduction of a Chart I wish to implement:

1 1
2 "Comment: This is an empty cell, no value entered"
3 2
4 0
5 0
6 "Comment: The formula used is - =IF(SUM(A4,A5) = 0,"", SUM(A4,A5))"
7 4
8 3

Now, in A6 though the result is 'zero' it displays in the cell as empty, but
when I plot the line graph it shows zero in the plotting area. For A2, the
value is empty and the graph shows a break in the graph(empty space is not
plotted through ToolsOptionsChartPlot Empty Cells as Not plotted). I want
the same result for the cell A6, that is the graph shows a gap plotted
whenever the value is zero(only in some cases) and plot the value when its
not zero.

To sum up: The graph should plot a gap when the value is zero(not always) or
empty cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

Hi, Mayank, one way to solve it is hide the row with 0's.

hope this help
regards
Marcelo