Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fazstp

Default Date Frustration

What really irritates me about excel is the way it formats dates. I can
import data through a query and get a column of dates in d/m/y and it
won't format the dates the same way for the whole column. If the day is
a valid month it will swap them around.

Even if I format the column, if I copy the data to another sheet it
gets screwed up again. Then if I format the column in the new sheet it
will often be corrupted so the dates don't match the original data.

Is there something in preferences to force it to see the date the right
way?

--
fazstp
fazstp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30574

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

It depends on the regional settings (assuming you are using windows) control
panel, if you have US date system there, change to UK regional settings and
it should be OK

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"fazstp" wrote in
message ...