Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jhook

Default How do I move PDF file into Excel and then into Ouickbooks?

I am trying to move a PDF invoice into my Quick Book Pro 2006 account payable
file. I was told that I could do this by using Excel as a go between. Does
any one have any imput on this ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter Shore

There is no 'easy' way that I am aware of. One solution is if you have a good
program for OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that can 'read' the PDF and
convert to Excel. Most examples I have seen of this tend to be a bit hit and
miss and you still need to edit most of the converted data.
If the PDF file is not protected you can usually use the text select tool
and copy this into the clipboard, then you can paste into Excel. This will
not usually paste directly into nice columns and rows - but immediately after
clicking 'paste' you should see an icon come up promting you to select past
options, use the 'text import wizard' and play around with the delimiting
options to get the best fit. (eg fixed column width or space delimited data
etc)

"Jhook" wrote:

I am trying to move a PDF invoice into my Quick Book Pro 2006 account payable
file. I was told that I could do this by using Excel as a go between. Does
any one have any imput on this ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

jhook

Would you be able to send a sample of the pdf file?

Should be simple for me to convert it for you

"Jhook" wrote:

I am trying to move a PDF invoice into my Quick Book Pro 2006 account payable
file. I was told that I could do this by using Excel as a go between. Does
any one have any imput on this ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

jhook

Can you send me a sample of the pdf file?

Should be easy to convert for you

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saruman

Acrobat 7 Pro is very good at copying PDF into Excel.

Highlight the text, right click and open table in spreadsheet.

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003

wrote in message
oups.com...