Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron

Default When will the 65,000 row limit in Excel be banned?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams

2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

banned 2000000000007

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Ron" wrote in message

That limit disappears in Excel 2007, which is now available as a public
beta, but look in this group for the problems which users are encountering
with the beta, and read the warnings carefully before installing the beta.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Ron

As you've heard it is in the next version of Excel (2007)... I am intrigued
why users have a fascination for that many rows... You can't possibly get
any benefit from a 'report' with 65536 rows and if you add any kind of
VLOOKUP, SUMIF, IF, Etc, it will grind to a halt... or very near!

If it is just to store data, the relational database model is far more
efficient and you can still report the summary easily in Excel.

Also, an oft forgotten feature of Excel which has tremendous power and which
I have several models with over 500,000 records (rows), summarised into a
few rows, is pivot tables

In short I believe the change to over 1million is a recipe for disaster and
inefficient models.

Just my £0.02 (and I hate to sound too much like Aaron ;-))

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a data base of about 140,00 rows which include name, address,
phone,etc. I would like to import some of that data into excel. I would only
need to import about 200 rows of that data at one time. Any suggestions.
Doug