Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com

Default Delete first few cell characters

I have values in a column where the cell values are like the following. I
would like to delete the first few characters until a G is reached. For e.g.
I would like :
PRJ GB2-E0001
********WBS GB2-E0001
to be converted to:
GB2-E0001
GB2-E0001

I would be grateful if you could provide me the code to do just this.

Many Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
penri0_0

You could use =RIGHT(A1,9), where A1 is the cell containing your
original data. This will pick up the last 9 digits.........only works
if your original text strings are identical in length though.

HTH

--
penri0_0

penri0_0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28947
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549409

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi
Try
Assuming data is in column A
=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)
Copy down as far as required.
Copy block of results and Paste SpecialValues to "fix" as opposed to
leaving as formulae

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe wrote in message
I have values in a column where the cell values are like the following.
would like to delete the first few characters until a G is reached.
For e.g.
I would like :
PRJ GB2-E0001
WBS GB2-E0001
to be converted to:
GB2-E0001
GB2-E0001

I would be grateful if you could provide me the code to do just this.

Many Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins

Data, text to column, delimited, space, finish should do the trick IF there
is a space between ALL your values.
To do this just highlight the column that contains your values then start at
the menu called data then follow my instructions word for word in the first
line above.

HTH
Gilles
I have values in a column where the cell values are like the following. I
would like to delete the first few characters until a G is reached. For
e.g.
I would like :
PRJ GB2-E0001
WBS GB2-E0001
to be converted to:
GB2-E0001
GB2-E0001

I would be grateful if you could provide me the code to do just this.

Many Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

I have values in a column where the cell values are like the following. I
would like to delete the first few characters until a G is reached. For
e.g.
I would like :
PRJ GB2-E0001
WBS GB2-E0001
to be converted to:
GB2-E0001
GB2-E0001

I would be grateful if you could provide me the code to do just this.

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)+1-FIND("G",A1))
--
David Biddulph