Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
new2XL

Default Count() question

Hello

I have a column of nonsequential random numbers some of which are
duplicates.

I am trying to count the the number of numbers that appear once, the
number of numbers that appear twice, and the number of numbers that
appear three times or more.

I have tried count(), countif(), and frequency() to no avail; any
advice?

I've been told countif is the way to go and I know the syntax is:
=countif(cells, condition) but obviously I am having trouble with the
condition constraint.

Thanks in advance!!!

--
new2XL
new2XL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KellTainer

Assuming your numbers are from A1 to A10.

in B1, =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,A1)

Drag down till B10.

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
new2XL

thanks for the input, that wasn't quite what I was looking for.

If anyone else understands this issue and is the having the same
problems, see this link:

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/count-list.htm

--
new2XL
new2XL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35161
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549290

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A10)=1))

will count the numbers that occurs once

for twice

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A10)=2))/2

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"new2XL" wrote in
message ...