Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AussieExcelUser

Default Calculating forecast accuracy as a percentage

I am wanting to calculate forecast accuracy compared to sales where I
have one column with actual sales figures and two other columns with
forecasts. What I need to do is display the accuracy of each forecast
against actual sales in terms of a percentage.

Simply showing the percentage difference is not good enough (can be
anywhere from -200% to +200% as our sales guys are rubbish at
forecasting), I need to show the accuracy as a figure from 0% to 100%.

I've been mucking around with this for over three hours and not getting
anywhere.

Can anyone provide some assistance?

--
AussieExcelUser
AussieExcelUser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32326

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
protonLeah

The efficiency of the forecast is: 1-(actual/forecast)*100; a negative
value would indicate actual as less than forecast...

--
protonLeah

protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32097
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549249

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AussieExcelUser

Thanks for the response Ben. I was hoping to be able to go with a
percentage accuracy figure but am happy to go with an efficiency figure
instead as you suggest.

However, do I assume correctly that a figure closest to zero is the
best when measuring the efficiency of the various forecasts against
actual sales (-5 is better than 20)?