Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HELP

Default MACRO TROUBLE

I recorded a macro and everything worked out fine. However, a sheet in my
workbook that was linked to the sheet in which the Macro was run is having
some issues. The formatting changed to something in the custom options and
now it will not calculate simple equations. If a subtract two numbers in
which data is being extracted from it will show 0. Even though the differece
may be 100. I changed the formatting of all the cells in the macro sheet and
the linked sheet to "number" format. This did not solve the problem. But if I
typed over the linked cells then hit "undo" the calculation then works and is
correct, the 100 will display. BUT if I change a number the calculating cell
does not change. It remains 100 though it should be saying 200. ANY
SUGGESTIONS? COULD IT BE SOMETHING IN THE RECORDING OF THE MACRO? PLEASE
HELP..SOON..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hans bal(nl)

It looks like your calculation is set to manual instead of automatic. Does
the calculation work if you press F9 ?

If so change your settings in Tools - Options - Calculation.

I hope this helps.

Hans

"HELP" wrote:

I recorded a macro and everything worked out fine. However, a sheet in my
workbook that was linked to the sheet in which the Macro was run is having
some issues. The formatting changed to something in the custom options and
now it will not calculate simple equations. If a subtract two numbers in
which data is being extracted from it will show 0. Even though the differece
may be 100. I changed the formatting of all the cells in the macro sheet and
the linked sheet to "number" format. This did not solve the problem. But if I
typed over the linked cells then hit "undo" the calculation then works and is
correct, the 100 will display. BUT if I change a number the calculating cell
does not change. It remains 100 though it should be saying 200. ANY
SUGGESTIONS? COULD IT BE SOMETHING IN THE RECORDING OF THE MACRO? PLEASE
HELP..SOON..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HELP

Even when I press F9 it does not re-calculate. I did find the root cause of
the problem. While recording the macro I did a format(0 decimals, use
seperator) in VBA this showed as Format.#,## which is the whole reason the
sheets pulling these formated numbers would not calculate. I still do not
understand why not, but when I took out this section of code and formated
after the macro had run, then it all sheets worked fine. ODD. If you or
someone knows of a way to still perform this format action and not affect the
other sheets, please let me know. If there is something I need to add
manually in VBA? Or what have you. Thank you for the advice.