Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerritvanzyl

Default cell reference problems

In one of my workbooks I run into the following problem..

If I want to refer to a cell A5 in sheet2 from a cell B1 in sheet1 by
clicking on sheet2 and the cell A5 the following happen:

the stuff that typed in sheet 1, B1 goes into B1 on sheet2..

This does not happen in all the workbooks, so something must have gone wrong
in that workbook.. Hope somebody can help me, because I have tried
everything..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hans bal(nl)

Hi Gerrit,

You must first ungroup your worksheets.

Rightclick on the tab "Sheet1"
Select ungroup sheets.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans

"Gerritvanzyl" wrote:

In one of my workbooks I run into the following problem..

If I want to refer to a cell A5 in sheet2 from a cell B1 in sheet1 by
clicking on sheet2 and the cell A5 the following happen:

the stuff that typed in sheet 1, B1 goes into B1 on sheet2..

This does not happen in all the workbooks, so something must have gone wrong
in that workbook.. Hope somebody can help me, because I have tried
everything..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerritvanzyl

Dankie Hans,

but, this is however not my problem... my sheets are not grouped.. it only
happens if I refer from a sheet to another specific sheet... Pressing enter
I stay at this specific sheet and my data also ended up somewhere in this
sheet..