Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SamuelT

Default #VALUE! and SUBTOTAL

Hi all,

I've got a column with a bunch of figures in them. Another column is
often autofiltered and I've found that SUBTOTAL seems to be a good
function to sum the figures when the autofilter is on.

However, and it seems to have happened all of a sudden (I'm sure it
used to work!), my cell is now showing a #VALUE! error message due to a
number of the same error message in a number of the cells in the column.
I've tried to experiment with ISNUMBER and ISERROR formulas to overcome
this, but no joy as of yet. Can anyone suggest a formula that will
work. FYI - my subtotal formula is:

=SUBTOTAL(9,L3:L351)

TIA,

SamuelT

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You can use a help column and isnumber, =ISNUMBER(L3) and copy down

then you filter on that help column on TRUE, then filter on the column with
the numbers

However since value errors derives from calculation with text, why don't you
fix them so that L3:L351 does not contain any errors?

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"SamuelT" wrote in
message ...