Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Drummy

Default partially protecting a worksheet?

I tried highlighting certain segments of my worksheet and then
going into ToolsProtectionProtect sheet, however when I do this
my entire sheet is protected rather than the cells I need protected,

can anyone shed any light??

--
Drummy
Drummy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34780

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

Go TOOLS
PROTECTION
ALLOW USERS TO EDIT RANGES
CLICK NEW AND EDIT YOUR RANGES
THEN CLICK PROTECT WORKSHEET

done.

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Drummy

Nope, there is no option in toolsprotection which states
'allow users to edit ranges'

i'm using excel 2000 if thats any concellation

--
Drummy
Drummy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34780
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548866

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

should be there dont know why it isnt
are you a limited user ?

check this macro out should help
could not be sure due to me not having 2000

Sub ShadeProtected() 'Set cell shading for selection
Dim cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
If cell.Locked Then
cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 'lt.yellow
Else '(not locked)
End If
Next cell
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

or try this

ActiveSheet.Protection.AllowEditRanges.Add Title:="Range1",
Range:=Range( _
"A1:C10")
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:= _
False, AllowFormattingCells:=True,
AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowInsertingColumns:=True,
AllowInsertingRows _
:=True, AllowInsertingHyperlinks:=True,
AllowDeletingColumns:=True, _
AllowDeletingRows:=True, AllowSorting:=True,
AllowFiltering:=True, _
AllowUsingPivotTables:=True

might not work but you can give it a shot

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548866

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Select the cells you want to be able to edit and go to Format/Cells. On the
last tab (Protection) unlock the cells. Now when you protect your sheet,
only the cells that are unlocked can be edited.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Drummy" wrote in
message ...