Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steveo

Default counting text example of a cell with multiple words inside

Domenic, an example would be a range where two or more words are in a
cell ex. west seneca utica and the word (cell) I need to count would
only include seneca by itself, and not count cells with other words
like west attached in the same cell. any ideas? Thank you steveo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Haven't seen the previous threads but if you use countif you can use
wildcards

=COUNTIF(A2:A100,"*seneca*")

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

oups.com...