Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phil2006

Default Function help!

If I have a list of nations with values assigned to them based on recent
sport results, is there any way I can add the value I wish to assign
from the results that I have on my second page? For example, Spain may
have played 5 games and I want to use macros to add the value of their
results from page 2 on to page 1. I just don't know how to assign the
value each time a team name appears.
Any help would be of great assistance,

Cheers,

Phil

--
phil2006
phil2006's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

assuming one cell for each team on sheet 2 contains your assigned value
number, which updates as scores come in, just refer to those cells in
sheet 1. As games are played, the values on sheet 2 will change, and
sheet 1 will automatically update. I hope this is not fantasy football
:-)

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phil2006

Thanks, what I meant was about getting the results onto the value sheet!
I need to work out how to put corresponding values onto different
sheets. Essentially, every time the text 'Spain' occurs on the results
sheet I need it to add the value onto the initial sheet in the Spain
column.
Any ideas?

Thanks

--
phil2006
phil2006's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35092
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548543

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Phil

It sounds as though this for the Football World Cup starting on the 9th.
I think I would have each country listed in column A and have adjacent
columns representing each of the group games, quarters, semi's and
finals going across the page.

I assume your first sheet is set out in the form of the draw.
Then you just look up the country on the second sheet and use the game
number as the offset in the Vlookup table to obtain the result.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"phil2006" wrote
in message ...

If I have a list of nations with values assigned to them based on
recent
sport results, is there any way I can add the value I wish to assign
from the results that I have on my second page? For example, Spain may
have played 5 games and I want to use macros to add the value of their
results from page 2 on to page 1. I just don't know how to assign the
value each time a team name appears.
Any help would be of great assistance,

Cheers,

Phil

--
phil2006
phil2006's Profile:
View this thread:

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM