Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mattylance

Default Dual Monitors: Viewing different tabs in same workbook?

Is there a way to have two tabs from the same worksheet displayed at the
same time (one on each monitor)? I have my tabs linking to each other
and would like to utilize both screens to their fullest. Anybody have
insight?

--
mattylance
mattylance's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35070

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lister_d_000169

dont have dual monitor setup to test but should work if you use the
window menu new window option. you can then arrange the windows to
show both instances.

then you should be able to arrange them on your dual monitor setup by
just positioning where they are situated

rgds

--
lister_d_000169
lister_d_000169's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32950

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Expand the Excel application window to cover both monitors. Then
go to the Window menu and choose New Window. Unmaximize each
window and drag one to each monitor. You'll need to resize the
windows to fill the monitor.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mattylance"
wrote
in message

Is there a way to have two tabs from the same worksheet
displayed at the
same time (one on each monitor)? I have my tabs linking to
each other
and would like to utilize both screens to their fullest.
Anybody have
insight?

--
mattylance
mattylance's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mattylance

I think these suggestions will only help in showing two seperate
worksheets from different files.

In file "A" there are two tabs "1" and "2". I want to have tab "1" on
one screen and tab "2" on the other. Where my difficulty comes in is
that they are in the same file, so I can't open up two excel instances.
Is this more clear?

--
mattylance
mattylance's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35070
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548353

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lister_d_000169

the new window menu option displays two instances of the same workbook,
and you can then select a different tab you will see the files being
called ...

Book1:1 and Book1:2 foe example

--
lister_d_000169
lister_d_000169's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32950
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548353

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mattylance

works great!

--
mattylance
mattylance's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35070
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548353

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I have multiple monitors...........follow Chip's instructions, they work
perfectly to open two sheets in one workbook. You can then drag and drop
things from one sheet to another......it is beyond cool.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mattylance" wrote
in message ...

Is there a way to have two tabs from the same worksheet displayed at the
same time (one on each monitor)? I have my tabs linking to each other
and would like to utilize both screens to their fullest. Anybody have
insight?

--
mattylance
mattylance's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548353

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

I have a 3 monitor setup (3 19" LCD flat panels -- it's boss) and
the steps I outlined in my previous post work fine. The key in
the New Window command from the Window menu.