Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John

Default Grouping Percentages

I have a column that lists a percentage, and a colum that lists a dollar
amount. I want a column that will divide dollar amount ranges into groups.
See example below.

A1 = 10,000
B1 = 4.00%
C1 = A

So i want any dollar amount below 10,000 to be in group A. Anything from
10,001 - 50,000 into group B. 50,001 to 100,000 into group C. I dont know
if you use If stagements, or And statements or something else? Any help or
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian P

Try this in C1:

=IF(A1<=10000,"A",IF(A1<=50000,"B","C"))

HTH

Ian

"John" wrote:

I have a column that lists a percentage, and a colum that lists a dollar
amount. I want a column that will divide dollar amount ranges into groups.
See example below.

A1 = 10,000
B1 = 4.00%
C1 = A

So i want any dollar amount below 10,000 to be in group A. Anything from
10,001 - 50,000 into group B. 50,001 to 100,000 into group C. I dont know
if you use If stagements, or And statements or something else? Any help or
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Does the grouping have anything to do with any math with Column B?

Is it just "labeling" the value in Column A?

And what do you want to happen with values greater then 100,000?

Here's just one interpretation:

=IF(A1,IF(A150000,"C",IF(A110000,"B","A")),"No Data")

If this doesn't satisfy your needs, post back with additional info.
--
HTH,

RD

"John" wrote in message
I have a column that lists a percentage, and a colum that lists a dollar
amount. I want a column that will divide dollar amount ranges into

groups.
See example below.

A1 = 10,000
B1 = 4.00%
C1 = A

So i want any dollar amount below 10,000 to be in group A. Anything from
10,001 - 50,000 into group B. 50,001 to 100,000 into group C. I dont

know
if you use If stagements, or And statements or something else? Any help

or
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John

Perfect. Thank you very much

"Ian P" wrote:

Try this in C1:

=IF(A1<=10000,"A",IF(A1<=50000,"B","C"))

HTH

Ian