Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
alvarezrrb

Default Field and Worksheet Restrictions

I have a multiple tab document that I would like to give access to the
users to enter text in some places and number in other fields
throughout the entire document, seperate tabs.

The second thing I would like to do is restrict the entering of data in
any other part of the document. That means that only the fields that I
would like them to into enter data into is available for manipulation.

--
alvarezrrb
alvarezrrb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35075

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod

Hi alvarezrrb,

Use Format|Cells|Protection and unlock the cells you want to be able to
enter data into, then use Tools|Protection|Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook
to apply the level of protection you want - the options are explained in
Excel's help file, under 'Protect workbooks and worksheets from changes'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"alvarezrrb" wrote
in message ...

I have a multiple tab document that I would like to give access to the
users to enter text in some places and number in other fields
throughout the entire document, seperate tabs.

The second thing I would like to do is restrict the entering of data in
any other part of the document. That means that only the fields that I
would like them to into enter data into is available for manipulation.

--
alvarezrrb
alvarezrrb's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

Depending on you version of excel, you can select
TOOLS PROTECTION ALLOW USERS TO EDIT RANGES

Then select the ranges and then you will see a button that says
PROTECT SHEET
Then select the options and click ok

all done.

--