Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Default = (other sheet, but transposed!)

Hello, I have a sheet with a column of entries, how can I drag that column
but as a row in other sheet?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m

Copy....paste special....click on the transpose checkbox.

"Ed" wrote:

Hello, I have a sheet with a column of entries, how can I drag that column
but as a row in other sheet?

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Thanks Tim, but I meant to drag rather than copy-paste special, like when you
put "=" and select a entry from other sheet then drag it downwards and you
get what the other column from the other sheet has, but "transposed" when I
drag horizontally I get what is vertically in other sheet.

The thing is that I need some entries as a row that are as column in other
sheet and I can't just copy-paste special because I have some other formulas
and things that would make it more difficult... sorry for not explaining
correctly on the first post!

I need

Sheet B:
B1 = SheetA!A2
C1 = SheetA!A3
D1 = SheetA!A4
E1 = SheetA!A5

and so on!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bondi

Ed wrote:
Hello, I have a sheet with a column of entries, how can I drag that column
but as a row in other sheet?

thanks!

Hi Ed,

You could Copy your column and then chose Paste Special and select
Transpose

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you put
$$SheetA!A2
in B1
and use the autofill button on the bottom right corner to drag to the right,
you'll see:
$$SheetA!A2 $$SheetA!A3 $$SheetA!A4 $$SheetA!A5 $$SheetA!A6...

Then you can select that row and do:
edit|replace
what: $$
with: =
replace all

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m

There is a TRANSPOSE function that sounds like it is what you want but I'll
be darned if I can figure out how to get it to work when i was just testing.
Perhaps under Help, do a search for TRANSPOSE function and see if that helps.

"Ed" wrote:

Thanks Tim, but I meant to drag rather than copy-paste special, like when you
put "=" and select a entry from other sheet then drag it downwards and you
get what the other column from the other sheet has, but "transposed" when I
drag horizontally I get what is vertically in other sheet.

The thing is that I need some entries as a row that are as column in other
sheet and I can't just copy-paste special because I have some other formulas
and things that would make it more difficult... sorry for not explaining
correctly on the first post!

I need

Sheet B:
B1 = SheetA!A2