Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Drummy

Default using an IF function for a total

ok, say I have a fundraising worksheet for a tennis club

* I have 7 columns with in order;

division, cartons, returned cartons, income, cartons, returned cartons,
income

3 divisions (junior, senior and sjunior) are selling 2 types of
chocolates,

* each row represents a player from the club

Senior 15 15 $30.00 15 15 $75.00
Senior 15 15 $30.00 15 15 $75.00
Senior 15 15 $30.00 15 15 $75.00
Senior 15 14 $28.00 15 12 $60.00
Senior 15 13 $26.00 15 13 $65.00
Senior 15 15 $30.00 15 14 $70.00
Senior 15 13 $26.00 15 15 $75.00
Senior 15 15 $30.00 15 15 $75.00
Junior 10 9 $18.00 10 9 $45.00
Junior 10 10 $20.00 10 10 $50.00
Senior 15 9 $18.00 15 14 $70.00
SJunior 5 5 $10.00 5 5 $25.00
SJunior 5 3 $6.00 5 5 $25.00
Junior 10 10 $20.00 10 13 $65.00
Senior 15 15 $30.00 15 14 $70.00

(income is the returned cartons * carton price @ $2 and $5)

what would the formula be for the total of each division
if the worksheet above is G2:J16

???

--
Drummy
Drummy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34780

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Drummy

It's coming up with zeros for that formula,

basically I need the sum of all income entries, and the total for each
rows representing Junior, SJunior and Senior.
the income columns are the ones marked with $ signs

does the formula =SUMIF(H$2:H$16,$G20)
look at each cell as a row and then try to find the words
Junior, Sub junior or senior?

The H row represents the number of cartons given to a club member,
I don't understand how that is relevant in the formula,
I'd imagine the only relevant rows would be the
D, G and J rows as they have the cells stating the divisions and each
of the totals for both types of chocolate

--
Drummy
Drummy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34780
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548069

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Drummy

Phew!!!

I just tried =SUMIF(D$2:D$16,$G$20,G$2:G$16)
and GOT IT WORKING!!!

that represents the total for the first carton column,

i'll just total the two columns and add the total

thanks heaps for your help, I had no idea it was the sumif function