Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MattieSy

Default How do I do this?

I'm not even sure what you call this. I have this spreadsheet that I use
in place of a checkbook register (don't remember where I got it).
Anyways, The first four rows are i guess you could call it "scroll
locked" and stay in place when you scroll, and when you print it prints
at the top of each page. Ive checked everything and I cant figure out
how to do it, and i want to use that for another spreadsheet I'm
working on.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

--
MattieSy
MattieSy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35060

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

These are 2 separate settings. The first, which "locks" the rows on the
screen is called "Freeze Panes" and can be found in the WINDOW Menu. Select
either the Row below where you want to Freeze, or the column to the right of
where you want to freeze. Or Freeze both row and column by selecting just a
single cell.

To get the rows to print at the top of each page, goto the File Menu, then
Page Setup. Goto the Sheet Tab. You should see a section called "Rows to
repeat at top". Enter your rows here.

HTH,
Elkar

"MattieSy" wrote:

I'm not even sure what you call this. I have this spreadsheet that I use
in place of a checkbook register (don't remember where I got it).
Anyways, The first four rows are i guess you could call it "scroll
locked" and stay in place when you scroll, and when you print it prints
at the top of each page. Ive checked everything and I cant figure out
how to do it, and i want to use that for another spreadsheet I'm
working on.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

--
MattieSy
MattieSy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35060
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548029

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi Matt,

That's called freezing panes. On your pull-down menus go to
WindowFreeze Panes. To undo it go to WindowUnfreeze Panes.

If you highlight cell A5 and freeze, it will lock the first 4 rows.
Now undo that and click on say cell D7 and select freeze.
That will lock the first 6 rows and the first 3 columns.
In other words anything above and to the left of the active cell.

HTH
Martin