Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Autumn Dreams

Default Replace Function

When I use the Replace function to replace -06 with -07 (changing the year in
each formula) and click Replace All, a window comes up "Update Values -06"
and opens into My Documents. To get rid of it you have to click cancel for
each formula highlighted and that would entail 240 times. How do I get past
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod

Hi Autumn Dreams,

This sounds like you're changing a formula that links to an external file
named "Update Values -06" and Excel can't find "Update Values -07" in the
same folder. Does "Update Values -07"? In the same folder? If the answer in
no to either of these, that's why you're getting the prompt.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Autumn Dreams" wrote in message
When I use the Replace function to replace -06 with -07 (changing the year

in
each formula) and click Replace All, a window comes up "Update Values -06"
and opens into My Documents. To get rid of it you have to click cancel

for
each formula highlighted and that would entail 240 times. How do I get

past
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DerekB

If macropod is right, and you are effectively trying to link to a different
external file for values, I suggest that you use Edit: Links to change the
file references rather than Find: Replace.

--
DerekB

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod

Hi Derek,

I suspect in this case the '07 workbook doesn't exist, or at least not in
the same folder as the '06 workbook - otherwise (AFAIK) you wouldn't get the
prompt. Using update links won't help either if the '07 workbook doesn't
exist, though it will simplify the change if it does.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Help! - Lost function in Find & Replace! jmn13 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 25th 06 06:16 PM
Replace function anandmr65 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 10th 06 01:36 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
How to replace column letter in refferences with a function using the old column letter? Dmitry Kopnichev Links and Linking in Excel 6 October 13th 05 09:09 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM