Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ob2s

Default Insert csv data into polished xls file

Sorry for the noob question, but I have a program that creates csv data.
My collegue has made a wiz-bang spreadsheet with colors and titles (but
no formulas) that this data goes into. I need to figure out how I can
programmatically take the raw csv data and 'stick' it into the finished
XLS file or how to create the finished XLS file. Is there a template
function, or do i need a macro ?
Thanks

--
ob2s
ob2s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35031

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"ob2s" wrote in message

Sorry for the noob question, but I have a program that creates csv data.
My collegue has made a wiz-bang spreadsheet with colors and titles (but
no formulas) that this data goes into. I need to figure out how I can
programmatically take the raw csv data and 'stick' it into the finished
XLS file or how to create the finished XLS file. Is there a template
function, or do i need a macro ?

Read the csv file, copy the data, & Paste Special/ Values into the formatted
XLS.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ob2s

that sounds like how you do it by hand. can i do it programmatically ?

--
ob2s
ob2s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about if you record a macro when you do it manually?

You may end up with code that works fine. If you don't post back with your more
specific questions.