Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sproul

Default auto date annoying

how can you put information like this "19-2" in a field without it being
changed to a date format, I dont want dates.

Al....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sproul

sorry all
I've found it,

Format as TEXT

Al....

"Sproul" wrote:

how can you put information like this "19-2" in a field without it being
changed to a date format, I dont want dates.

Al....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sproul wrote:
how can you put information like this "19-2" in a field
without it being changed to a date format

You can prefix the data entry with an apostrophe ('). I usually
lack the foresight to format the cell as Text before entering the
data. Changing to Text format after the fact results in a number,
the internal value of Excel dates.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

RIGHT, or just type a leading apostrophe before the string, which does the
same thing.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sproul" wrote: