Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jspagnoli

Default Sorting every other line

I created a spreadsheet to list my entertainment collection (movies, music,
etc). I have the title in 1 row, then the description in the next row. For
example:

1 Star Wars
2 George Lucas' film about........
3 Austin Powers
4 Mike Myers stars in this film......

Is there a way that I can sort this spreadsheet by every OTHER row, and keep
the next row together with that sort. In other words I want to sort by title
and have the description linked with that title so it gets sorted along with
the title. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Put the key value (the movie title) in a cell in each row. And add an indicator
to show what row it is.

New Col A B
Star Wars 01 Star Wars ...
Star Wars 02 George Lucas' film about...

Then you can sort using column A as the primary key and columm B as the
secondary key.

--

Dave Peterson