Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
uw805

Default Filter info in Status bar - Other workaround?

Hello,

Many people on this forum have asked why "filter mode" is sometimes
displayed in the status bar instead of "12 of 15 records shown". I already
have gone to the reference pages that explain this problem, and I've seen the
suggested workarounds. I am looking for a workaround that is automatic: I
need something, perhaps in a cell on the sheet (maybe even in the filter
header row), that will *automatically* show how many rows are visible. Maybe
a count formula that will change as the filter changes? Any ideas?

Thanks,
uw805