Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
murph306

Default macro to hidden worksheet

hi
i was wanting to set up a system which has a front sheet, similar to a
contents sheet, where each content is a link to a hidden worksheet. I
had a feeling this would be a problem so i tried it out, and found that
when the worksheet was hidden the macro had an error

pleeeeeeeeeeeeas help!

thanks
chris

--
murph306
murph306's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Favour us with the code?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"murph306" wrote in
message ...

hi
i was wanting to set up a system which has a front sheet, similar to a
contents sheet, where each content is a link to a hidden worksheet. I
had a feeling this would be a problem so i tried it out, and found that
when the worksheet was hidden the macro had an error

pleeeeeeeeeeeeas help!

thanks
chris

--
murph306
murph306's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547392

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
murph306

it was a simple macro from one sheet to another:

Sub TEST1()
'
' TEST1 Macro
' Macro recorded 01/06/2006 by KMC
'

'
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
End Sub

however once the worksheet was hidden the macro no longer worked

--
murph306
murph306's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35000
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547392

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Well obviously you cannot select a hidden sheet, as that displays it, and
display and hidden are the antithesis of one another.

But, it is rarely necessary to select anything, so what do you want to do
with/get from the hidden sheet?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"murph306" wrote in
message ...

it was a simple macro from one sheet to another:

Sub TEST1()
'
' TEST1 Macro
' Macro recorded 01/06/2006 by KMC
'

'
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
End Sub

however once the worksheet was hidden the macro no longer worked

--
murph306
murph306's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547392

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
murph306

ye i understand.
What i am trying to do is set up a page with a list of activities we do
at my place of work. I want each activity to link to another page where
the activity is described in more detail. However i don't want it to be
possible to access the page by any other means than clicking the macro,
if that makes sence??

is this possible?

--
murph306
murph306's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35000
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547392

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pauliec

why not just unhide the sheet as part of the macro and have a macro that
upon closing the file the sheet is automatically hidden again?

--
Pauliec
Pauliec's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21857

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

If one of those pages is the hidden page, you have no choice but to unhide
it before you activate it. How else will you see it?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"murph306" wrote in
message ...

ye i understand.
What i am trying to do is set up a page with a list of activities we do
at my place of work. I want each activity to link to another page where
the activity is described in more detail. However i don't want it to be
possible to access the page by any other means than clicking the macro,
if that makes sence??

is this possible?

--
murph306
murph306's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547392

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Sub TEST1()
with Sheets("Sheet3")
.visible = xlsheetvisible
.Select
end with
End Sub

Will make it visible and then select that sheet.

But I would guess that you want that sheet to disappear when you click on
another sheet?

If yes, rightclick on Sheet3's tab and select view code. Paste this into the
code window:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Worksheets("IndexSheetNameHere").Visible = xlSheetVisible
Me.Visible = xlSheetHidden
End Sub

Change that name "indexsheetnamehere" to match the worksheet that will always be
visible.

It just verifies that it's visible before it tries to hide sheet3.

murph306 wrote:

it was a simple macro from one sheet to another:

Sub TEST1()
'
' TEST1 Macro
' Macro recorded 01/06/2006 by KMC
'

'
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
End Sub

however once the worksheet was hidden the macro no longer worked

--
murph306
murph306's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35000
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547392